Automotive Detailer / 2nd Shift - BMW of Minnetonka
BMW of Minnetonka-BMW01
The position is responsible to clean and refurbish new and used automobiles. Please call 952-303-7500 and ask for Ian, apply in person, or on BMW website.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent is an individual contributor who reports to the Sales Manager in a supervised environment. The Detailer is responsible to wash all customers' cars after any and all services performed and for scheduled car wash appointments. The Detailer also keeps the new and pre-owned inventory clean. The Detailer also keeps the service department area clean during the day by cleaning floors, windows, all interior areas, removing garbage and recyclables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position:
- Wash vehicle exterior, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interior or vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply revitalizers and preservation agents to vinyl or leather surfaces and treat fabrics with spot- and stain- resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Apply special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following recommendations of the product's manufacturer.
- Paint engine components and related parts, using spray gun or aerosol can and masking materials.
- Apply paint to chipped body surfaces of vehicles, using touch-up paint.
- Apply dyes and reconditioning chemicals to vinyl tops of vehicles to restore color and condition.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and outstanding customer service.
- The Detailer will accomplish all objectives by supporting the values, philosophies and policies of Carousel Motor Group.
- Clean and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
- Working knowledge of car parts and the tools used for cars.
- Know chemical formulas for various cleaning products and the most effective way to use them.
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgment
Education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as a detailer required